Today’s Headlines for Thursday August 20
- Garfield Green plan aims to spur growth, maintain affordability on W. Side (Block Club)
- Hit-and-run driver seriously injured male pedestrian in the 4400 block of West Lake (WGN)
- Officers: Person stole squad car, crashed into parked vehicle in South Shore (ABC)
- Historic Long Grove covered bridge hit twice in less than 1 week after lengthy rebuild (ABC)
- Input sought for new plaza east of McDonalds at Lincoln and Western (Block Club)
- Black-owned engineering firm Ardmore Roderick working on CTA, O’Hare projects (ABC)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.