Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, August 12
- City’s second scooter pilot starts today (CBS 2)
- The Tribune offers an explainer on the latest scooter pilot
- Despite quiet night, Lightfoot to keep downtown blocked off (WTTW)
- Mayor Lightfoot and CPD Supt. Brown face criticism over city’s response to looting (ABC 7)
- How Chicago chefs are embracing the walk-up window during the pandemic (Tribune)
- Overnight restrictions to downtown to continue for foreseeable future (NBC 5)
- 7 confirmed tornadoes during Monday’s storm (Tribune)
- Aerial images reveal destruction in Rogers Park after storm (Sun-Times)
- Over 7,000 trees damaged during Monday’s storm (Block Club)
- Amtrak offering deals on trips out of Chicago (Conde Nast Traveler)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
From Tuesday, August 4, through Wednesday, August 12, Streetsblog Chicago assistant editor Courtney Cobbs will be running the site. If you need immediate assistance with an SBC-related issue, please email Courtney at courtney[at]streetsblog.org.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.