Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, July 28
- ELPC: City’s air quality plan should do more to address diesel traffic, electrify buses (WTTW)
- Semi driver fatally struck male pedestrian at North/Kimball in Humboldt Park (CBS)
- Driver fatally shot, car crashes into apartment building in Chatham (CBS)
- Video shows a senior carjacked in Streeterville by a dozen young people on Divvies (Sun-Times)
- Police order light at Archer/Kedzie to flash red for weekend; Residents say it’s dangerous (CBS)
- Rogers Park cafe street on Jarvis is still open to drivers: “I’m absolutely terrified” (Block Club)
- CTA to giveaway 5,000 free Ventra cards at community pop-up event in Auburn Park (ABC)
- Trove of long-lost Sun-Times photos includes historic images of the CTA
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.