Today’s Headlines for Friday, July 3
- The COVID pandemic is taking a tremendous toll on public transit systems (NY Times)
- CDOT introduces free workshops to help adults learn how to ride a bicycle
- CTA bus driver charged in body slamming incident that went viral (ABC 7)
- Everything you need to know about Chicago’s travel order (NBC 5)
- Neil Steinberg column encourages residents to get outside and enjoy the summer (Sun-Times)
- Curbed interviews Representative Ayanna Pressley and discusses free public transit
- Wealthy lakefront resident agrees to remove bushes from public property (Sun-Times)
- The hedges are gone, but protesters want Lakeview homeowner to close southwest side asphalt plant (Block Club)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be on a light publishing schedule on Thursday, July 2, and Friday, July 3, including Today’s Headlines and possibly an article or two.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.