Today’s Headlines for Thursday, July 2
- Lakeview residents hang out in public space “claimed” by wealthy homeowner (Block Club)
- Chicago’s urban campuses are grappling with social distancing (WBEZ)
- Adventure park with tallest zipline tower on the continent to open in Chicago suburbs (NBC 5)
- Far south side public housing residents kept in the dark on nearby toxic dump sites (Sun-Times)
- More details on 13-year-old hit and run bicyclist victim in Ashburn (Block Club)
- 15-year Avondale boy missing, last seen riding bicycle (Sun-Times)
- Could free travel kits with sanitizer and masks make CTA riders feel more comfortable? (RE Journals)
- Chicago construction keeps chugging along during pandemic (Bisnow)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be on a light publishing schedule on Thursday, July 2, and Friday, July 3, including Today’s Headlines and possibly an article or two.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.