Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 30
- Newly released video shows fired CPD chief Eddie Johnson sleeping in his car (Block Club)
- Active Trans: During Chicago Bike Week, let’s recommit ourselves to safer streets
- A mobility justice reading list, including articles by SBC’s Courtney Cobbs (Active Trans)
- Pedestrian Carlos Suncin fatally struck in south-suburban Calumet City (Tribune)
- Ald. Hadden says people are already using beaches, so lifeguards are needed (Block Club)
- Metra is offering a $10 all-day pass at least until the end of the month (ABC)
- La Nocturne Music Caravana bike ride with live music meets Friday 7 PM at 21st and Morgan
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be doing a light publishing schedule on Thursday, July 2, and Friday, July 3, with Today’s Headlines and possibly a article or two.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.