Today’s Headlines for Monday, June 29
- Hit-and-run driver arrested after fatally striking Isaac Martinez, 13, on his bike in Ashburn (Tribune)
- Convicted murder charged in slaying of Brandon McGhee, 23 outside Logan station (Sun-Times)
- 6 hurt after CTA bus driver crashes into building after being struck by hit-and-run driver (Sun-Times)
- Man suffers minor injuries after lying under oncoming Pink Line train in Lawndale (Sun-Times)
- Milwaukee redesign between Western and California will strip parking, add curb protection (Block Club)
- Mary Schmich, who floated the idea of Social Distancing Ambassadors, interviews SDAs (Tribune)
- 89-unit apartment building proposed a ten-minute walk from Highland Park Metra (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Streetsblog Chicago will be doing a light publishing schedule on Thursday, July 2, and Friday, July 3, with Today’s Headlines and possibly a article or two.
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.