Today’s Headlines for Friday, June
- First of car-free cafe streets are opening in Lakeview today (Tribune)
- Sections of riverwalk, including restaurants and rentals, open today with restrictions (Tribune)
- Tribune architecture Blair Kamin checks out the Leland Slow Street
- Driver fatally struck 2 seniors in Naperville crosswalk, no charges (Sun-Times)
- Girl, 15, killed after teen driver struck pole near Woodstock (Sun-Times)
- Several people rescued after West Loop crash involving at least 3 drivers (CBS)
- CTA investigating body-slam video showing bus driver throwing person to ground (Sun-Times)
- CTA modernization project connects new and out-of-work tradespeople with jobs (ABC)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.