Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 8
- Reps from ATA, Friends of the Parks, CDOT, and SBC discuss open streets (WTTW)
- Hammersley Architecture proposes a citywide open streets plan (Block Club)
- Family of man killed while walking down the middle of Metra tracks sues Metra (FOX)
- Mom, 3 children ‘traumatized’ after police point gun at their car in Humboldt Park (Block Club)
- Sun-Times editorial: We like the Michael Reese plan, including new Metra station
- UIC epidemiologist: It’s OK to hang out in socially-distanced groups in parks (Block Club)
- WTTW looks at the history of Chinatown’s Ping Tom Park
- Childhood bike rides to a ballpark helped launch Matt Zahora’s baseball career (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.