Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 1
- Active Trans has softened its anti-open streets stance somewhat as the movement picks up speed
- Chicago communities hardest-hit by COVID-19 are low-density neighborhoods of color (ProPublica)
- Man killed in rollover crash on Dan Ryan near 95th Street (Tribune)
- Conservative website The Federalist cheers on Chicagoans flattening fences to recreate safely in parks
- We live-tweeted yesterday’s Northwest Side bike advocate meeting
- Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.