Today’s Headlines for Monday, 27
- SUV driver fatally struck man in crosswalk in Little Village (Tribune)
- 2 dead after SUV side-swiped a semi on Tri-State Tollway (Sun-Times)
- Sheriff’s office: Speeding driver killed after striking pole in Wadsworth (Sun-Times)
- 2 injured, including a juvenile, after driver crashes into Woodlawn building (ABC)
- Trooper in crash while blocking traffic for stalled truck Saturday on I-290 (NBC)
- What’s it like being a Metra conductor during a global pandemic? (Daily Herald)
- Schmich: Many are ignoring lakefront park bans. Could we use Seattle’s idea to keep parks open? (Tribune)
- Schmich: Does it make sense to COVID-scold social distance violators? (Tribune)
- Zotti looks at how biking helps morale during C-19, and the future of River Trail (Sun-Times)
- Palatine bike club promotes safety cycling safety and education (Daily Herald)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.