Today’s Headlines for Friday, April 10
- CTA board OKs $40M in possibly borrowing to keep the system afloat (WTTW)
- Active Trans calls for all-door boarding to become the norm after the pandemic is over
- Security guard, teen both injured, charged after struggle on Red Line ends in accidental shooting (WGN)
- Metra keeps many Hyde Park stops in revised Electric Line schedule after riders balk (Sun-Times)
- Chicagoans cite Lakefront Trail as one of the things they miss most during the pandemic (Sun-Times)
- Chicago teacher pedals by students’ homes during pandemic to say hello (NBC)
- Former CDOT deputy Luann Hamilton honors the late CDOT chief John LaPlante (Active Trans)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.