Today’s Headlines for Monday, March 30
- Active Trans applauds inclusion of $1.6B for local transit in pandemic stimulus bill
- Preckwinkle warns of more forest preserve closings if crowding increases (Tribune)
- There has been a significant drop in CPD vehicle and ped stops during pandemic (Bloomberg)
- Driver fatally struck Chetankumar Patel, 46, in west-suburban Hanover Park (Sun-Times)
- Chicago woman charged with DUI, violating Stay at Home order after Indiana crash (Sun-Times)
- Michigan Avenue closed between 8th and 9th streets after debris falls from building (ABC)
- Despite LFT closure, park district still hopes to repair wave damage this spring (Tribune)
- Real estate agents discuss how cycling infrastructure influences home prices (Chicago Agent)
- Photo essay: What Chicago streets look like during Stay at Home (Daily Iowan)
- More than 340 people have signed the petition to reopen the Lakefront Trail for commuting
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of COVID-19, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.