Today’s Headlines for Friday, March 20
- Metra has cut service in half due to low ridership. Here’s the new schedule (Tribune)
- Loop Alliance: Foot traffic has dropped 63 percent during the pandemic (Curbed)
- A pandemic update from Active Trans: Bike the Drive is still planned for 5/24
- What it’s like taking a drive-up coronavirus test (Tribune)
- How the coronavirus is impacting the hotel industry (Tribune)
- What it’s like to live in a dorm-like coliving building amid coronavirus (Curbed)
- Active Trans, local bike stores push legislators to keep shops open, ensure safe working conditions
- Tips on maintaining your bike during the pandemic, and a directory of still-open bike shops (BLU)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
Here are some tips on preventing the spread of coronavirus, and advice for Chicagoans on what to do if you think you may have been exposed to the virus.
Did you appreciate this post? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to Streetsblog Chicago to help ensure our ongoing publication.