Today’s Headlines for Thursday, December 16
- Hit-and-run driver killed male pedestrian in Harvey on Christmas Day (Sun-Times)
- Drunk driver struck deputy who was blocking traffic at fatal crash site in Volo (NBC)
- 3 injured, including 2 police officers, in West Woodlawn crash (NBC)
- 5 cars involved in wrong-way crash on Dan Ryan near 79th, driver charged with DUI (CBS)
- Gas station proposed for Foster and Elston (Nadig); “Let’s oppose this!” (Chainlink)
- 10 of Chicago’s most interesting bridges (Curbed)
- Transportation tips for surviving a frigid Chicago winter (if we ever get one again) (Curbed)
- Chicago Critical Mass takes place Friday, gathering at Daley Plaza at 5:30 PM (Chainlink)
Streetsblog Chicago will be publishing on a light schedule over the holiday week as we focus on fundraising and administrative tasks, with headlines plus occasional posts (except for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.) We will resume full publication on Thursday, January 2.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our January 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago