Today’s Headlines for Monday, December 16
- Curbed: These were Chicago’s 10 most important projects of the past decade
- Friends want justice for Dennis Ledenbach, killed on his bike in Joliet by a hit-and-run driver (CBS)
- 7 injured after school bus driver rear-ends CTA bus in the East Side community (Tribune)
- 2 hurt in stabbing at Cermak Green Line station Friday afternoon (NBC)
- Police: Officer was injured after driver fleeing traffic stop struck squad car (NBC)
- Man groped, restrained girl, 16, on Brown Line train near Belmont Saturday morning (ABC)
- Watch a video of the latest MBAC meeting on the Bike Lane Uprising website (scroll down)
- Critically ill children got a festive ride on a Metra train thanks to “Operation North Pole” (ABC)
- According to this WBEZ piece on “dibs,” anti-bike Tribune columnist John Kass coined the term
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our January 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago