Today’s Headlines for Friday, December 9
- New Chinatown vision plan has strategies to promote walking, biking, and transit (Gazette)
- Motorcyclist killed in Bishop Ford hit-and-run, suspect charged with DUI (ABC)
- Orland Park Catholic school mourns teacher Rone Leja, 61, killed by hit-and-run driver (Tribune)
- 2nd male stabbed in the leg at a North Side Red Line station within about 2 weeks (ABC)
- CTA wants answers from Chinese L car manufacturer after NBC report on child labor (Sun-Times)
- Electrical issues delayed Mainline and Blue Island branch trains yesterday (Tribune)
- The new Riverview bike bridge sound like a harmonica when the wind hits is just right (Sun-Times)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our January 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the holiday season.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago