Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, November 20
- Sun-Times: Build more protected bike lanes, don’t let aldermen veto them
- Lightfoot says she’s confident she’s got the votes to pass the new ride-hail tax (Sun-Times)
- Shared Use Center, UIC, DePaul experts: Lightfoot’s plan is simpler, fairer, more effective (Crain’s)
- Logan affordable TOD passes zoning committee despite stonewalling by Ald. Lopez (Block Club)
- The CTA provides an update on its Blue Line decrowding strategy (Block Club)
- Metra approves $15.5M contract to install cameras inside passenger cars (ABC)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago