Today’s Headlines for Friday, November 8
- Greg Hinz calls out “Uber’s phony war against Lightfoot’s ride-hailing tax” in Crain’s
- Transportation experts endorse Lori’s Uber plan, which would generate $2M for CTA (Crain’s)
- Former “Straight Dope” writer Ed Zotti calls for cheaper, CTA-integrated MED service (Sun-Times)
- 5 injured, including 3 children, in south Austin crash (CBS)
- Driver, 72, critically injures 5-year-old boy in Avondale crosswalk (Block Club)
- No citations for woman, 89, who critically injured man, 28, in Lincoln Square while backing out (Sun-Times)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago