Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, October 29
- Dashed bike lanes, paint-and-post bump-outs installed on Milwaukee in Logan Square (Block Club)
- Curbed looks at the city’s report on how ride-hailing is making Chicago traffic much worse
- Taxi passenger Hans Monroy, killed after his driver failed to yield, remembered as “loyal friend” (ABC)
- Boy, 15, in stable condition after being shot in abdomen on CTA bus in South Chicago (ABC)
- Passenger injured after driver tries to get around MD-N gate and car is struck, trains delayed (Sun-Times)
- Lyft Pink, a combined ride-hail, food deliveries & Divvy plan, is being tested in Chicago (Venture Beat)
- League of American Bicyclists give U. of I a Silver rating as a bike-friendly university (Daily Illini)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago