Today’s Headlines for Friday, October 18
- State legislator sponsors bill to ban red light cameras in Illinois (NPR)
- Driver found guilty of DUI, homicide in crash that killed Annajeanne Dewey (Sun-Times)
- $1,000 reward offered to find driver who killed pedestrian Robert Szabo, 59, in Lombard (Sun-Times)
- Illini and Saluki trains have among the worst on-time performance records in the nation (Tribune)
- A manifesto against illegal Sunday church parking in bike lanes (The Chainlink)
- Mechanical issues prompt delays on Metra UP-NW Line (Sun-Times)
- Open House Chicago is this weekend — here are suggestions on what to check out (Block Club)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago