Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 17
- Tribune endorses extending the city’s scooter pilot (and complains about getting stuck in expressway traffic)
- The Trib looks at the possibility of the scooter program becoming permanent
- Evanston transportation chief: Protected bike lanes can help keep cyclists off sidewalks (Evanston Roundtable)
- How has bike-share been working out in Champaign-Urbana? (Smile Politely)
- 5 family-friendly trails to hit up this fall (Chicago Parent)
- CUPPS Friday Forum: “Should Law Subsidize Driving?” tomorrow 12:30 PM at 412 S. Peoria
- We Keep You Rollin’ maintenance clinic and bike ride Saturday 11 AM – 3 PM, 13134 S. Vernon
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago