Today’s Headlines for Thursday, October 10
- The Logan Square 100% affordable TOD heads to the Plan Commission on 10/17 (Block Club)
- Lightfoot proposes merger of 2FM, which oversees the riverwalk, and DOIT to save money (Tribune)
- Navy Pier Flyover target date delayed again until spring 2020 (Tribune)
- Argyle shared street may become permanent; City may waive city sticker fees for veterans (Block Club)
- Man attacked with cane on #67 bus says it was an anti-immigrant, anti-Mexican hate crime (CBS)
- Meet Pete Parada, 61, a beloved Logan Square crossing guard (Block Club)
- Anti-choice activists hold “Bike for Life” fundraiser ending at a Naperville fertility clinic (Tribune)
- Working Bikes 20th anniversary celebration Monday 10/14, 5:30-8:30 at Lagunitas Brewing
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago