Today’s Headlines for Thursday, September 26
- Bicyclist killed last week in Waukegan by hit-and-run driver identified as Vere Day, 60 (Tribune)
- “Suspicious death” at Rosemont station caused 3-hour Blue Line delay early this morning (Sun-Times)
- Bomb scare at Clark/Lake halted 6 different CTA train lines during yesterday’s PM rush (ABC)
- Man who punched woman who photographed him, knocking her onto ‘L’ tracks, gets 11 years (Tribune)
- CBS: CTA violent crime level back to normal after July spike; overall rate remains high
- After this week’s Purple/Brown crash, here’s look back at the rare history of CTA train collisions (NBC)
- More coverage of the Leland meeting (including a quote from SBC’s Courtney Cobbs) (Block Club)
- Bike the Shore ride this Saturday, led by Oboi Reed, promotes health and access to nature (Block Club)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy your autumn.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago