Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, September 11
- How walkable is Chicago? A new inventory of sidewalks maps the gaps (Curbed)
- Uber CEO discusses Chicago presence, whines complains about the Divvy/Lyft deal to WTTW
- Police looking for hit-and-run driver who killed male pedestrian, 53, in Waukegan (Sun-Times)
- Driver charged with hit-and-run for death of male motorcyclist in Crystal Lake (CBS)
- 5 injured, including 3 children, when driver makes a left without yielding in Lawndale (Sun-Times)
- Boy, 16, shot in his shoulder while biking in East Garfield Park (Sun-Times)
- Happy hour with the 2020 Transport Chicago steering committee 9/18, 5:30 at Haymarket Brewing
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago