Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, August 28
- Chicago Tonight highlights Olatunji Oboi Reed of Equiticity and Slow Roll Chicago (WTTW)
- State takes first major step in effort to sell Loop’s Thompson Center (Tribune)
- Evanston to vote on repealing ban on electric bicycles (Evanston Now)
- Author, urbanist Daniel Kay Hertz takes policy director role with Chicago Department of Housing (Twitter)
- Dozens of row homes proposed for Kilbourn Park/Belmont Gardens area (Block Club)
- Atlas Obscura profiles the large, colorful murals of the South Loop’s Wabash Arts Corridor
- Progress continues on planned Des Plaines River bike trail (Riverside-Brookfield Landmark)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago