Today’s Headlines for Thursday, August 22
- Trump’s trade war with China puts South Side CTA car manufacturer’s future at risk (ABC)
- ABC: Deadly Bellwood ambulance crash last year involved cocaine, high speeds, no seatbelts
- Evanston bike advocates give the suburb a “D” grade for bikeways (Evanston Roundtable)
- Signs of progress on building a continuous lakefront bike path on the North Shore? (Tribune)
- North Branch Trail’s Howard Street crossing closed due to construction — here’s the detour (Chainlink)
- Tim Bannon, 14, born without arms, will compete in triathlon via adaptive cycle (Tribune)
- Community meeting on Dickens Greenway tonight 6-8 PM at Lincoln Park High, 2001 N. Orchard Ave.
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago