Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, August 21
- Metra to make schedule changes on 5 lines starting next month (Tribune)
- Metra receives $17.8M USDOT grant for MD-North bridge over Milwaukee Avenue (Railway Technology)
- Seniors march to Cappleman’s office to complain about relocation of Montrose/Broadway bus stop (Block Club)
- High-speed police chase ends with suspect crashing car into a tree in Riverdale (CBS)
- Aldermen Gardiner and LaSpata commit to improving bus service in their wards (Active Trans)
- Active Trans looks at ways to create a safe bike connection between Gompers and River parks
- River Forest police donated 45 cycles to Working Bikes Cooperative (Tribune)
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our December 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Can you help us win the grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation here.
Thanks for your support, and enjoy the rest of your summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago