Today’s Headlines for Friday, August 10
- After Trucker Killed Cyclist, Bike Advocates Call for More Side Guards (Sun-Times)
- …Others Blame the Tragedy on Bottleneck Caused by Construction Site (CBS)
- Driver Who Fatally Struck Lorenzo Bryant, 37, Wanted on Homicide Charges (Sun-Times)
- Active Trans Releases Recommendations for Fixing Logan/Western
- Curbed Checks Out the Car2Go Pilot
- Fast Facts About the CTA (CBS)
- Active Trans‘ Boulevard Lakefront Tour Is This Sunday
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
First of all, a huge thanks to all the advertisers, sponsors, and readers who have helped out with the effort to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Unfortunately, due to a major sponsorship that didn’t materialize in time, we didn’t hit $50K by the midnight 8/1 deadline. Fortunately, The Trust has graciously extended the deadline to 9/1. We’re currently at $48,315, so we’ve got only $1,685 left to raise.
So if you appreciate Streetsblog Chicago’s daily transportation coverage and haven’t already chipped in, there’s still time to do so. You can make a donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks again to everyone who has stepped up during the fund drive so far — we really appreciate your support.