Today’s Headlines for Thursday, August 2
- Today’s Anti-Violence March May Take Over All Lanes of North LSD (Tribune)
- 4 Years After Construction Began, Navy Pier Flyover Is Nowhere Near Finished (CBS)
- Cook County Funds Bike/Walk/Transit Priorities (Active Trans)
- Motorist Consuelo Pina, 18, Died in a Crash in Elgin Saturday (ABC)
- Northbrook Formalizes Bike and Pedestrian Plan (Tribune)
- Libertyville Approves Down Metra Station Bids, Working on Temporary Site (Tribune)
- How to Get to Lollapalooza Without a Car (Sun-Times)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
First of all, a huge thanks to all the advertisers, sponsors, and readers who have helped out with the effort to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Unfortunately, due to a major sponsorship that didn’t materialize in time, we didn’t hit $50K by the midnight 8/1 deadline. Fortunately, The Trust has graciously offered us another month to meet that goal. We’re currently at $46,775, so we’re going to try to raise the last $3,225 by Wednesday 8/8 at midnight.
So if you appreciate Streetsblog Chicago’s daily transportation coverage and haven’t already chipped in, there’s still time to do so. You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks again to everyone who has stepped up during the fund drive so far — we really appreciate your support.