Today’s Headlines for Thursday, July 26
- The City Is Interested in Working With Bike Lane Uprising to Keep Lanes Clear (Tribune)
- City Council Votes to Close the Chicago Ave. Underpass to the LFT at Night (Sun-Times)
- Driver Who Killed ALyssa Lendino, 16, While Doing 107 Charged With Homicide (Tribune)
- NWU History Professor & Balbo Booster Debate Whether Street Should Be Renamed (WTTW)
- You Can Hop a Wolverine Train to Kalamazoo or Detroit With an Unboxed Bike (WZKO)
- Blackstone Bikes Is Hiring a Program Manager (The Chainlink)
- 7/27 CCM Route Proposed to Highlight CPD’s Zero-Tolerance Bike Ticketing in POC Areas
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.