Today’s Headlines for Friday, July 20
- Alderman Rename Congress for Ida B. Wells After Caving on Balbo Issue (Sun-Times)
- Hopkins Will Spend $15K to Close Chicago Ave. LFT Underpass at Night (Sun-Times)
- How Ald. Ramirez-Rosa Is Working to Demystify Redevelopment (Chicago Mag)
- Oswego Keeps up Push for Metra Service to Kendall County (Tribune)
- Possible $3M Settlement for Families of 2 People Killed After Police Chase (Tribune)
- Westmont Pizzeria to Reopen a Day After Driver Crashed Into It (CBS)
- Cook County Forest Worker Was Going 76 in 30 Zone Before Fatal Crash (Tribune)
- Schaumburg Holds a Bike Education Session on Sunday 7/29 (Tribune)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.