Today’s Headlines for Monday, July 15
- Speeding SUV Driver Killed Man, 64, at Fullerton/Laramie in Cragin (Sun-Times)
- 6 Injured in Bishop Ford Crash (Tribune)
- Man Who Called a Stranger the N-Word Got Punched Onto Blue Line Tracks (Sun-Times)
- O’Hare Express Contractor Musk Baselessly Called a Thailand Cave Rescuer a “Pedo” (WaPo)
- How Community Organizations Are Using Active Trans Bus Advocacy Grants
- Active Trans: To Succeed, Chicago’s Dockless Bike-Share Pilot Needs More Cycles
- Coalition for a Better Chinese American Community Works to Improve Walkability (Active Trans)
- Irving Park Stop’s Pulaski Entrance Will Be Closed for Staircase Construction (Block Club)
- An SBC Reader Is Selling “Milwaukee Avenue: Honorary Hipster Highway” T-Shirts via Threadless
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our August 1 deadline in order to win the $50K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. The additional $25K The Trust is offering this year will allow us to hire a new part-time reporter to expand our coverage of the South and West sides, communities of color, and women’s transportation issues.
Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future. But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.