Today’s Headlines for Thursday, June 29
- Emanuel Orders Locking of Ohio St. Underpass at Night, Reducing LFT Access for Cyclists (Tribune)
- Plans for a Complete Network of Low-Stress Bikeways in Edgewater (DNA)
- Metra Adding Early Getaway Trains to Accommodate Holiday Weekend Rush (DNA)
- Midwest High Speed Rail Association Unveils a New Website & Logo
- Sun-Times Looks at the Myriad Benefits of Cycling, Plus Tips on Choosing a Bike & Places to Ride
- “Be Excellent to Each Other”: Lion’s Club Is Putting “Kindness Matters” Ads All Over the CTA (Tribune)
- Mobilizing for a Safer Milwaukee Avenue Event at Arc’Teryx in Wicker Park Tonight (Active Trans)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a week to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago