Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, June 28
- MPC: An Underutilized Market Exists in Chicago for “Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing”
- Most African Americans Leaving Cook County Are Low-Income (MPC)
- Beale: Reilly’s Call to Close Ohio St. Underpass Reflects Chicago’s Double Standard on Crime (Sun-Times)
- Police: Driver Who Fled River North Crash That Killed His Passenger Later Committed Suicide (Tribune)
- CPD: Police Tried to Pull Over Off-Duty Police Officer Befor Crash That Killed 2 (Sun-Times)
- CPS May Pay Private Company About $1M to Manage CTA Fare Card Distribution (Tribune)
- Luxury Developer Who Had Casa Aztlan Mural Painted Over Says He Will Replace It (Chicagoist)
- Lots of Popular Biking Streets Are Torn Up for Utility Work Right Now (The Chainlink)
- CMAP Panel on 8/15 Looks at How Governments Will Fund Infrastructure With Fewer Resources
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a week to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago