Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 27
- Elon Musk Firm May Bid for the (Misguided) O’Hare Express Train Project (DNA)
- Police: Driver Intentionally Ran Over and Killed Naisha Weems, 28, After a Dispute (Tribune)
- SUV Driver Kills Pedestrian in Waukegan, Police Blame Victim for Wearing Dark Clothes (Sun-Times)
- Woman Killed in Crash During Police Pursuit in Englewood (NBC)
- Active Trans Looks at Plans for More Prepaid Boarding Pilots
- Petition Launched Asking City to Install LGBT Pride-Themed Rainbow Crosswalks (DNA)
- Hot Dog! Divvy Unleashes a Fleet of Chicago Food-Themed Bikes to Mark Its 4th Birthday (DNA)
- The Recyclery Community Bike Shop Is Hiring a Bookkeeper and Administrative Coordinator
- Gran Fundo Hondo Ride to Kenosha Baseball Game on 7/23 Will Raise Money for World Bicycle Relief
- Shared Use Mobility Center Holds an Open House on 7/27 6-8 PM at 127 S. Clark
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a week to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago