Today’s Headlines for Monday, June 26
- Gabriel Ciupeiu, 19, Fatally Struck After Biking on Red Line Platform, Falling Onto Tracks (WGN)
- Police: Drunk Driver Causes 5-Car Crash Near Metra Tracks in Riverside (Sun-Times)
- Police Searching for Man Who Sexually Assaulted Woman on Garfield Green Line Platform (DNA)
- Metra Discusses Plan to Boost MED Service to Hyde Park, Reduce It Elsewhere (DNA, HPK Herald)
- Daniel Hertz on Why Ride-Share Won’t Replace Public Transit (Active Trans)
- Tribune Looks at Active Trans’ Campaign for Bike Lanes on Milwaukee in Wicker Park
- CTA Gets High Customer Satisfaction Marks; Wisniewski Test Rides an E-Bike (Tribune)
- Zoning Cleared for Jeff Park Anti-TOD With 114 Units, 200 Spaces Near Transit Center (Curbed)
- CTA Debuted a Rainbow-Themed Train in Honor of Pride Weekend (DNA)
- Active Trans Leads Discussion of Improving Milwaukee Ave. in Wicker Park on 6/29 at Arc’Teryx
- Graffiti and Gears Bike Tour of Murals and Other Street Art on July 16
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a week to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago