Today’s Headlines for Thursday, June 22
- Cyclist Found in Street After Being Dragged, But CPD Isn’t Looking for a Hit-and-Run Driver (NBC)
- CMAP: Chicago Metro Region Is Losing Its Families (Crain’s)
- Residents Weigh in on Plan to Pedestrianize Cornell at Jackson Park Framework Meeting (DNA)
- New Metra Seats Will Include Cup Holders, But Will Leave Half of Riders Facing Backwards (Sun-Times)
- Active Trans Ran a “Kids on Wheels” Bike Education Course in Northbrook
- The Belmont/Western Overpass Project Is Almost Completed (DNA)
- Stevenson Ramp to LSD Closing Saturday Night (DNA)
- Marketing Firm Sets up an In-House Bike Shop for the Bike Commuter Challenge (Active Trans)
- Ride With the North Branch Trail Alliance This Saturday (Active Trans)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago