Today’s Headlines for Monday, July 19
- Prepaid Bus Boarding Coming to 69th St. Red Line Station, Lakeview LSD Bus Stop (DNA)
- The Tribune Looks at How the State Budget Crisis Could Lead to Shutdown of 700 Road Projects
- Speeding Hit-and-Run Driver Killed Eric Judge, 23, at 1:30 AM Sunday at Division/Damen (DNA)
- 13 suffer Minor Injuries in CTA Bus/Car Collision at Michigan & Adams (Sun-Times)
- Charges Pending After Shots Fired Inside Clark/Division Red Line Station (Tribune)
- 2 Warehouses Slated for Adaptive Reuse Along Future Paseo Path in Pilsen (Curbed)
- 166 New Housing Units Will Replace Bank by Ravenswood Metra Station (Curbed)
- The Tribune Visits One of the City’s Free Adult Bike Riding Classes
- New People Space in Portage Park’s 6 Corners Features Lovely Hand-Painted Public Piano (DNA)
- Go Bronzeville / Slow Roll’s Juneteenth Ride Meets at 6 PM Tonight at Monument at 2620 S. King
- Active Trans Discusses New Cycling Initiatives at the Timbuk2 Store Tomorrow 6-8 PM — Free Refreshments
- Meeting on 6/24 to Discuss CDOT Pilot to Create Network of Neighborhood Greenways in 48th Ward
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago