Today’s Headlines for Friday, June 16
- Ald. Osterman wants 48th to become “model neighborhood” in multi-modal transportation (newsletter)
- CTA to test two more prepaid bus boarding locations, but hasn’t committed to two previous ones (DNAinfo)
- Alder. Napolitano opposes apartments near Cumberland CTA station (DNAinfo)
- CMAP is hosting a “future mobility technology” forum next week at IIT
- Cook County state’s attorney won’t prosecute motorists who drive on licenses lost for financial reasons (Defender)
- Vintage buildings around Woodlawn CTA stations at risk (Chicago Patterns)
- Department of Finance bike team gets award for increasing citations they issued
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago