Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 13
- More Coverage of Chicago’s Vision Zero Plan Release (Tribune, Sun-Times, Fox, Active Trans, Chicagoist)
- 8 Injured, Including Teens, in Roseland School Bus / Motorcycle Crash (NBC)
- Teen Robbed in South Loop Was 3rd Cyclist Attacked in the Neighborhood in About a Week (ABC)
- West Town Plan Floats Idea of a 4-to-3 Conversion Road Diet With Bike Lanes on Chicago Ave. (DNA)
- Construction on Archer Has Negatively Impacted the Bike Lanes (The Chainlink)
- A Look at River North’s Construction Boom (Curbed)
- TOD Next to the Southport Station With 9 Units, 3 Spaces Ready to Rise (Curbed)
- Proposal to Name a New Park After Berny Stone — Next to the Bike Bridge He Blocked as Alderman (DNA)
- Video: The Final Run of Chicago’s Last Streetcar in the 1950s (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago