Today’s Headlines for Monday, June 12
- Hinz: Trump’s Half-Baked Infrastructure “Plan” Won’t Help Illinois (Crain’s)
- The Red Purple Modernization Project Is Moving Forward (Curbed)
- Teen Driver Killed Cyclist Deborah Wright, 49, Near Rock Cut State Park (The Chainlink)
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Belmont Craigin Crash (CBS)
- Man Charged With DUI for Fatal Waukegan Crash (Sun-Times)
- Man Sues Chicago Police for Squad Car Crash That Killed Brother (Sun-Times)
- Officer Dragged by Driver, Injured After Trying to Stop Motorist (DNA)
- Witness: Postal Worker Tackled Phone Thief on ‘L’, Held Him for Police (DNA)
- WTTW Talks to Active Trans About the 8/20 Chicago Cinder Classic Fixie Race
- The World Naked Bike Ride Took Place Just in Time for the Heatwave (Chicagoist, Xinhua)
- Community Meeting on the Proposed Metra Electric Cuts on 6/19 in South Shore
- CMAP Panel “Harnessing Technology for Future Mobility” 6/22 at 8:30 AM at IIT
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago