Today’s Headlines for Friday, June 9
- Chicago Is Still the 6th Most Walkable Large City, But Walk Score Decreased by 0.03% (RedFin)
- Amazon Unveils Romeoville Distribution Center, May Hire 8K Workers Next Year (Herald)
- Crews Are Surveying East End of the Midway as a Site for Possible Obama Library Garage (DNA)
- U. of C. Staffer Pushed off Bike, Robbed in Hyde Park — 3rd Assault on a Cyclist This Week (DNA)
- DUI Crackdown in Englewood This Weekend (DNA)
- 76-Story Skyscaper Near Roosevelt Station Is Ready to Rise (Curbed)
- Metra Is Adding Trains & Cars This Weekend for Blues Fest, Spring Awakening (Patch)
- Lots of, Um, Coverage for Saturday’s Naked Bike Ride (DNA, Chicagoist, Time Out, WGN, US99)
- Active Trans Hosts the Chicago Cinder Classic Fixie Race at Winnemac Stadium on 8/20
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago