Today’s Headlines for Thursday, June 8
- Police: Lake Shore Drive Crash Injured 4 Kids, 4 Adults (DNA)
- NW Side Residents Packed Gompers Park Fieldhouse in Support of Bikeways & Trails (Active Trans)
- Dunning Has No Rapid Transit Service Nowadays, But It Used to Be a Rail Hub (DNA)
- More Coverage of the CTA’s 125th Anniversary (Tribune, Sun-Times, Curbed, Architect’s Newspaper)
- We Chartered a CTA ‘L’ for a Rolling Party, Complete With Dance Music & a Disco Ball (MPC)
- After Batavia Grocery Store Worker’s Bike Was Stolen, Friends Bought Him a New Ride (WGN)
- Cruise the Lakefront to a Soundtrack by Legendary Local DJs on the House Music Bike Ride on 6/17
- Save the Date: Go Bronzeville & Slow Roll Are Planning a Juneteenth Ride on 6/19, 6-9 PM
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago