Today’s Headlines for Tuesday, June 6
- Driver Killed Louis Smith, 56, on Bike in East Garfield Last Night, 2nd Bike Fatality of 2017 (CBS)
- 2nd Attack on a Cyclist in South Loop in 3 Days: Car Passenger Grabbed Woman’s Backpack (DNA)
- CDOT Has Deactivated Red Light Cam at Irving/Kedzie, Mell Asking for a Left-Turn Signal (DNA)
- 774 Chicago Taxi Medallions Have Been Foreclosed on as Cabbies Struggle to Compete (DNA)
- Kamin: The 606 Is Looking Greener Than Ever, But Displacement Concerns Are Growing Too (Tribune)
- Trib Editorial Opposes 606 Ordinance, Calls for More Affordable Units in TODs Instead
- 36th Ward Prepare for Its 2nd Consecutive Year of Participatory Budgeting (DNA)
- Four Good Places to Bike With Kids in Chicagoland (Chicago Parent)
- Ride Vintage ‘L’ Cars During Today’s CTA Celebration & You Could Get a Free Poster (DNA)
- Free Coffee for Train Riders From Trucks at Roosevelt Stop, Ogilvie Center on Dump the Pump Day 6/15
- Second Annual Memorial Ride and BBQ for Fallen Cyclist Blaine Klingenberg on Saturday 6/17
- The Chainlink Hosts Ferris Bueller Scavenger Hunt Benefit for World Bicycle Relief on 6/22
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
I’d like to give a big thanks to everyone who has donated so far this year to help us raise $50K by our July 1 deadline in order to win the $25K challenge grant from the Chicago Community Trust. Reader donations and ad renewals have been coming in steadily, we’ve gotten a few large gifts from some of our most loyal readers, and a couple other major contributions are likely to materialize in the near future.
But with less than a month to go, we’re in the home stretch, and we need to raise more donations from readers like you, which typically make up about a third of the $50K we raise each year. Can you help us win the challenge grant by chipping in? You can make a tax-exempt donation on our Public Good page.
Thanks for your support, and have a great summer.
– John Greenfield, editor, Streetsblog Chicago