And the Winners Are… Raffle Prizes for Loyal Streetsblog Chicago Donors
Thanks again to all the generous Streetsblog Chicago readers who recently came out of the woodwork to contribute to our latest funding campaign. You helped us raise more than $50,000, which won us the $25,000 challenge grant from The Chicago Community Trust. Thanks also to all the local businesses that helped us reach the funding goal by purchasing advertising or donating goods and services as incentives as raffle prizes for donors.
Sorry that this is a little belated, but we’ve finally held the drawing for our raffle prizes. Here are the lucky winners:
- A stylish, comfortable Kali helmet from Ancien Cycles: Vitally Vladimirov
- A $100 gift card for classy-yet-practical bike bags from Po Campo: James Popp
- A package of essential bike accessories from Green Machine Cycles, including an Axium mini pump, two Velocity water bottle cages, a sheet of Nathan reflective safety stickers, a patch kit and tire levers, and a Soma Fabrications Stash Bottle handy for storing tools and other gear in one of the bottle cages: Jack Wheeler
- Two bike tours for two and four full-day comfort bike rentals for two from Bike and Roll: Michael Gorman
- A Topeak frame pump and a Cygolite USB-rechargeable bike light set from Pedal to the People: Julie Morris
- A Skid Lid bike helmet, two sets of BlackCat1 Knogg-type bike lights, and a bottle of ProLink chain lube from BlackCAT1: Katherine McMillan
- A bike tune-up from Comrade Cycles: Kevin Germino
The winners will be receiving emails with info on how to redeem their prizes.
Thanks once more to everyone who pitched in to help fund another year of Steven Vance and my sustainable transportation reporting and advocacy. Come hang out with us at our next reader meet-up this Wednesday:
Streetsblog Reader Meetup
Wednesday, July 6, 5:30-8 p.m. (probably somewhat later)
901 W Jackson Boulevard, Chicago
Steven will be fresh back from his European sabbatical, so it will be a great opportunity to debrief him about his adventures checking out transportation infrastructure in the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Germany, and Sweden. See you then!
Streetsblog Chicago will resume regular publication on Tuesday. Enjoy your Fourth of July.