Today’s Headlines for Monday, May 23
- 4,000 People Fill 79th Street to Raise Awareness of Chicago Street Violence (DNA)
- People Are Lining Up to Rent in Luxury TODs Along Milwaukee Ave. (Curbed)
- City’s 1st Affordable, LGBT-Friendly TOD Will Have 88 Units, 24 Parking Spots (DNA, WCT)
- After Crash in Belmont Gardens Both Vehicles Careen Into Buildings (Sun-Times)
- No Charges for Ticket Scofflaw Who Threatened Meter Maid (DNA)
- Party Time, Excellent! Aurora Is Looking Into Installing Bike Rental Stations (Tribune)
- A Round-Up of Area Bike Trails (Tribune)
- Why Just Call a Cab When You Can Take a Karaoke Taxi? (DNA)
- Get Ready for Bike the Drive Next Weekend (Daily Herald)
- Memorial Day Event Kicks Off New Season at Carpentersville Bike Park (Herald)
- Edgewater Group Will Share Vision for Overhaul of Beaches, Trail on June 1 (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
9 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of John’s book “Bars Across America.”
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, we’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.