Today’s Headlines for Friday, May 13
- Amtrak Launches Roll-on Service for Chicago-to-Grand Rapids Line (Active Trans)
- Bikes N’ Roses Will Ride to Springfield to Lobby for Support of Youth Programs (Active Trans)
- Friends of the Parks Fights City Appeal Over Lucas Museum (Crain’s)
- Resident Vote for Bike & Pedestrian Improvements in 35th in PB Election (DNA)
- Solis: Development of 62 Acres at Roosevelt/Clark Will Include New Riverwalk (DNA)
- Main Post Office Redevelopment Will Also Include a Riverwalk Segment (DNA)
- Checking in on Navy Pier Flyover Construction — 2 Years Left Until Completion (Curbed)
- New Rules for Wrigley Plaza Expand Game Day Use, Limit Special Events (DNA)
- Got My Paintbrush Working: Artists Create Muddy Waters Mural in on State (DNA)
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
19 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Donate $200 or more and we’ll also throw in a copy of the anthology “On Bicycles,” to which I contributed a chapter about Chicago’s West Town Bikes, while supplies last.
Contribute $1,000 or more and I’ll come to your home or block party and perform a half-hour musical tribute to the pop, rock, or R & B artist of your choice on guitar — only $750 if that artist is Prince or Bowie.
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.