Today’s Headlines for Thursday, May 12
- Emanuel Names Zopp Deputy Mayor, Expands South Side Bus Routes (Tribune)
- Relaunched Lincoln Bus Will Have Limited Hours — Can It Meet Ridership Goal? (Sun-Times)
- 31st Street Bus Will Relaunch on June 20 as Well (Tribune)
- Park District Approves $3.5 Million to Begin Big Marsh Bike Park Construction (DNA)
- 36th Ward Residents Vote for Sidewalks, Crosswalk in PB Election (DNA)
- Sorry Mountain Bikers, That Green Space by the River at Harrison Is Being Developed (Crain’s)
- Plans for the Ike Could Include Wider Blue Line Platforms, New Ped Bridges (Tribune)
- DNA Looks at the Milwaukee Avenue Bike Counter Project
- Two Cafés to Open at Damen Pink and Wellington Brown Line Stations (CTA)
- Join Al Scorch as He Does a 6-Venue Music Tour by Bike This Saturday (Reader)
- Bike 2 Sox With Active Trans on Saturday 5/22
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
20 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Contribute $1,000 or more and I’ll come to your home or block party and perform a half-hour musical tribute to the pop, rock, or R & B artist of your choice on guitar — only $750 if that artist is Prince or Bowie.
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.