Today’s Headlines for Wednesday, May 11
- Alderman: Charges Against Driver Who Dragged Jacobson May Be Upgraded (DNA)
- Family and Friends Remember Guadalupe Chavez, Killed by a Hit-and-Run Driver (DNA)
- Full Lincoln Bus Route Will Relaunch on June 20 (DNA)
- MPC: Despite What the Sun-Times Said, “Lockbox” for Transpo Funding Is a Good Idea
- Could Fingerprinting Be Required for Ride-Share Drivers? (Chicagoist)
- Seattle Man Expresses Sincere Enthusiasm for Chicago’s Ventra Card (Chicagoist)
- What *Not* to Do While Riding the CTA (RedEye)
- How to Make a Bike Ride on the Lakefront Trail Safer & More Pleasant (Chicago Mag)
- Fashion & Accessory Tips for Springtime Cycling (Chicago Mag)
- “Vintage CTA Bus Routes & Signs” FB Page Is a Transit Buff’s Dream (DNA)
- South Side Critical Mass Hosts a Prince Tribute Ride Next Friday 5/20, 6:30 pm
Get national headlines at Streetsblog USA
21 more days left to help us win a $25K challenge grant.
Streetsblog Chicago is currently in the thick of raising funds for our next year of publication. Once again, The Chicago Community Trust, a charitable foundation that was one of the early funders of SBC, has very generously offered us a challenge grant. If Streetsblog reaches $50K in donations and sponsorships by the end of May, the Trust will provide the last $25K needed to keep the site running into 2017 and beyond.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider donating to Streetsblog Chicago today today. SBC is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so donations are tax deductible.
If you’ve already contributed, thanks so much for helping us win the challenge grant. As an added incentive to first-time donors, as well as those who’d like to make an additional contribution, anyone who donates $100 or more from this point on will get a copy of my book “Bars Across America.”
Contribute $1,000 or more and I’ll come to your home or block party and perform a half-hour musical tribute to the pop, rock, or R & B artist of your choice on guitar — only $750 if that artist is Prince or Bowie.
Please feel free to spread the word about the challenge grant to potential donors, or contact me at 312-560-3966 or greenfieldjohn[at]hotmail.com with leads on other possible funding sources. To keep you apprised on our progress, I’ll be updating the above Donate-O-Meter along with Today’s Headlines each morning.
Thanks again for your continuing support.